Category: Director meeting

Director meeting

Director meeting minute – Sep 10, 2018

BRITISH COLUMBIA CHINESE SOCCER FEDERATION

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Location: Vincent’s Solution office (Richmond)
Date: Monday Sep 10, 2018
Time: 19:00pm-21:00pm
Facilitator: Stantey Ngai

Attendees: Chairman Stanley Ngai, Vice-Chairman Philip Tong, Secretary General Vincent Lau, Director Frankie Stephen, Thomas, Williams, Karl
Absence: Sammy, Rogers, Ignatious, Jonathan
Minute by: Karl So

 

Old Timer:

Incident of High’s vs Unicorn match – Highs Canada sends letter for better communication – they are not looking for appeal but explanation –
1: No Fair to his player
2: Many other involved players (Unicorn) not been punished
We want to be clear that if no appeal, no meeting. Secondly: We explain and would
like to set this as a rule that we could follow. 1: We follow what Referee report that’s why we need referee

Paulo files civil claim, sue against 1Gor, and BCCSF as well. BCCSF as a defender
as BCCSF fail their best for protecting player.
BCCSF reported our insurance, someone follows up
We all have lawyer, and now into a civil processing
For BCCSF as now no liability…

 

Next meeting

Nov 12, 2018

 

 

Director meeting minute – July 9, 2018

BRITISH COLUMBIA CHINESE SOCCER FEDERATION

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Location: Soccerlink (Richmond)
Date: Monday July 9, 2018
Time: 19:00pm-21:00pm
Facilitator: Stantey Ngai

Attendees: Chairman Stanley Ngai, Vice-Chairman Philip Tong, Secretary General Vincent Lau, Director Frankie Thomas Raymond Danny Stephen Jonathan Karl
Absence: Sing, Williams, Daniel, Sam
Minute by: Karl So

AGENDA

 

Youth

40-50 member summer camp
U8, U9, U10, U12
More ppl in U8
Membership
Raymond July29 Sunday 8:30am @Oval open ceremony
Ends at aug 9
9-13, 14-15 – 5 friendly 18 league 4 competition trophy title sponsor
6 area 16 teams 12 clubs

Old timer

Games off for NationsCup
Incident Unicorn v High’s – Stephen waits for explanation

Affiliation – Jonathan and Stephen draft outline – present – next for pros & cons
Sweden charity meeting at Thursday July 12, 2018

NationsCup 2018

Friendly scheduled
Sponsors list = $6,100
T-shirt size -> team
Next week follow up

Next meeting

Monday September 10, 2018

Director meeting minute – May 7, 2018

BRITISH COLUMBIA CHINESE SOCCER FEDERATION

Location: 1Plus1 cafe (Richmond)
Date: Monday May 7, 2018
Time: 19:00pm-21:00pm
Facilitator: Vincent lau

Attendees: Chairman Stanley Ngai, Vice-Chairman Philip Tong, General Secretary Vincent Lau, Director Williams Si, Raymond Zhao, Stephen Leung, Daniel Poon, Danny Lam, Sammy Ho, Karl So and Jonathan Lee.
Absence: Frankie Lam, Thomas Sin, Ignatius Tsui (Sing), Roger Wong.

Youth

  • Program ends June 9, 2018.
  • Fun day held on June 24 (12-6pm)
  • Summer camp confirm July 3 – Aug 2
  • Field been confirmed
  • Promotion starts this week including Facebook page, poster, sponsor invitation form
  • Member’s form all ready
  • BCSA affiliations- looking for more, Danny Lam will follow up

NationsCup 2018

  • Manager & Coaches confirmed
  • Team Practice – depends on team. Team China 30+ will use Unicorn practice field on Wednesdays
  • Discussion on our own league games before after Nationscup tournament week – 1 week off before Nationscup week
  • Equipment and accessory – buy rather than borrow
  • Set up meeting with coaches & managers – (will arrange)
  • Budgeting – dinners always on manager or coach (seems no solution or budget at this moment)
  • Registration fee & time (about 1.5 month before, Sammy Ho will remind the board)

Open

  • Co-operate with Richmond Senior FC
  • 4 teams in total – Jade Unicorn, EPFC, VVFC and Rangers
  • Schedule: Doug
  • June tournament: Charity type – donation to hospital
    • Invite new teams to join
    • Real figures – Direction not firm yet
    • Sam proposes more team for a tournament, try to build a reputation.
    • Vote: 4+ 4, charity tournament
    • Sammy Ho will follow up and inform the board

Old timer league

  • Everything runs normal except complains about field (Richmond High) lighting not working properly

Motion

  • Rejoining the BCSA affiliate
    • Not yet confirmed, will be held on next director meeting. Stephen & Danny, Jonathan will prepare the Pros & Cons for discussion
  • Solution:
    • HomePark realty will become BCSA affiliate, BCCSF can use Homepark realty name to join tournament & league
    • Danny Lam is working on RYA affiliate
    • BCCSF can actually re-apply the BCSA affiliate

Not on agenda

  • William Si mentions there is a friendly team coming over from San Francisco and would like to have a friendly with us (Age 50)
    • BCCSF board decide to group directors as a team.
    • Field confirmed on June 16, 4:30-6:30pm Huge Boyd West Yellow field. Confirmed by Frankie Lam
    • Details such as jersey, squad will be discussed in the Board Whatsapp group
  • Philip Tong mentions there will be a club event for celebrating Unicorn 20 years anniversary on Aug 11, 2018. He will invite BCCSF be part of the event. Details will be announced later
  • Raymond Zhao consider officially press an Appeal on his red card incident from the game May 04, 2018, BCCSF Discipline group will follow up

NEXT Meeting

Date: July 9, 2018 Time & Venue: TBD

Nationscup coaches meeting

Board should start meeting with coaches anytime from now discussing direction, team & player, field, equipment and assistance

Director meeting minute – AGM Mar 5, 2018

BRITISH COLUMBIA CHINESE SOCCER FEDERATION

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Location: One Plus One Café (Richmond)
Date: Monday, March 5, 2018
Time: 19:00pm-21:00pm
Facilitator: Stantey Ngai

Attendees: Chairman Stanley Ngai, Vice-Chairman Philip Tong, Secretary
General Vincent Lau, Director Frankie Lam, Thomas Sin, Danny Lam,
Sammy Ho, William SI, Ignatius Tsui, Karl So, Raymond Zhao, Stephen
Leung, Thomas Si
Absence: Andy Sum Li, Roger Wong, Denial Poon
#: Director Andy Sum Li sends an email to the board for resignation from
his director position
Minute by: Karl So

AGENDA

1. Welcome Jonathan Lee to the board. Referred by Sam &Karl

• Jonathan Lee introduces himself to the board
• Stanley briefs talk about BCCSF history

2. Youth

• Regarding RFC application. BCCSF Youth submitted
application form last christmas time
• Somehow we don’t meet the requirement since not meet
75% of member who lives in Richmond
• Thomas mentions recently local Richmond students lose,
new join in member mostly from outside of Richmond

• Many competitors, lots of Youth Soccer training, hard to
have enough student.
Solution:
• Wait for chairman meeting, or wait for rewrite of by-law
• Promise to get more local student
• RFC wrote this down in their minute, we need to contact
them for update
Back up plan:
• Affiliated with other club
U8/U10 going to tournament on this April 2018, $20-32 each student
3. Old Timer (Stephen Leung)

• All division (40 &50) winter season ends at the end of
March 2018
• April starts summer league
• Over 40 – 8 teams 3 rnd + cup (may change to 2 round
depends on field and schedule)
• Over 50 – 9 teams 2 rnd + cup
• So far no team add/drop
4. Open division in summer

• Please see Sam attachment for detail
• Aim for 8 teams
• Field not confirm yet, aim for Sunday 2-6pm HughBoyd
Turf
• Team fee – $1000?
• Approach all league
• Jonathan proves read introduction

5. Nationscup 2018

• BCCSF Summer League Stop 1 week or 2 ? Not yet
confirmed
• Tournament date: July 20, 21, and 22, 2018
• Philip suggests League core players go first
• Sammy Ho may not be the main person response the
NationsCup 2018
• A BCCSF NationsCup 2018 planning group will be formed

#Philip Tong mentions there will be an event for Unicorn FC 20 years
anniversary at Aug 11, 2018. He will invite BCCSF be part of the event.
Details will be announced later
BCCSF NationsCup 2018 planning group
Stanley Ngai
Philip Tong
Frankie Lam
Sammy Ho
Karl So
Jonathan Lee
First meeting
Date: Monday March 19, 2018
Time: 7pm
Venue: TBD

Next Meeting: (Monday May 7, 2018)

Director meeting (AGM 2017 ) – November, 13th 2017

BRITISH COLUMBIA CHINESE SOCCER FEDERATION

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

Location: One Plus One Café (Richmond)
Date: Monday, November, 13th 2017
Time: 18:00pm-21:00pm
Facilitator: Vincent Lau, Stephen Leung

Attendees: Chairman Vincent Lau, Director Frankie Lam, Thomas Sin, Danny Lam, Sammy Ho, Andy Sum Li, Philip Tong, William SI, Denial Poon, Ignatius Tsui, Karl So, Raymond Zhao, Roger Wong, Stephen Leung, Thomas Si, and Stanley Ngai

(Andy Sum Lee leaves at 8pm authorized Vincent Lau to vote for him if necessary)

Absence: King Keung Law

Minute by: Karl So

AGENDA

  1. Director’s Responsibility and Conduct (Vincent)
  • Suggestion on Directors and Committee Structure by adding a role of Secretary General report to Chairman – Oversee 5 sub-division, Discipline, League, Referee, Youth & Treasurer
  • Change have been suggested as Referee & Discipline should under League. Since we don’t need 2 vice-chairman, changed to 1 vice-chairman and 1 Secretary General under chairman
  • Please see chart 1.0 below.
  • Discipline & Referee director report to League
  • League, Youth and Treasurer report to Vice-Chairman & Secretary General
  • League, Youth and Treasurer shall manage to give all decision unless necessary to consult with Vice-Chairman & Secretary General
  • Chairman, Vice-Chairman & Secretary General shall version on main direction, while department head manage all details
  • 3 department head not yet confirmed until next meeting (held on Nov 27, 2017)

 

 

  1. Director’s Attendance
  • Formal director meeting held every 2nd Monday of 2 month, Director have to attend 4 out of 6 annually.
  • Unless given reason to believe otherwise a director will be dismissed if he missed 3 meeting of a year (total 6 meetings)
  • Next Meeting will be held on Nov 27, 2017 (not an official meeting as 2018 year)

  1. Discussion on Referee’s Performance (Vincent Lau)

Regarding on the issue of complaining referee Doug

Stephen reports:

  • Doug steps down & promises no more as referee by himself. However, can’t 100% guarantee when there is emergency happen.
  • So far no complain, and good to see Doug brings in new & good referee this season

Regarding on the issue of director Andy Sum Lee’s action, “Say NO to bad Ref”

  • Up to this moment, 3 – 4 teams and 3 players sent complain letter on this action.
  • Director Ignatius Tsui points out – There should be a proper way to complain a referee, have to be Name, Where, & When & witness, with detail
  • Director Denial Poon agrees a formal way to complain – He believes Discipline is under League division. All complain have to go through League Department Head first. Andy has done it in an improper way. Denial says everyone stays with his job, can’t go OVER. He adds that this is more less a personal insult action
  • Director Stanley, Frankie, Philip, Sam again indicate this is a failure of the procedure & order of handling. This should be considered as a serious mistake.
  • “SayNoToDoug” this email account not proper as Andy sends out with BCCSF as his signature. Andy Sum Lee says this email is against Doug is more or less likely a personal action.
  • Director Thomas Si suggests our committee shall always solve problem interiorly before release to public. Our goal is to give full trust to scheduler to arrange referee. We should not do their job because of interest of conflict
  • Andy Sum Lee explains could be too passion to BCCSF, Over-react to achieve the goal he would like to, and he believes Scheduler look for referee could be selfish, not fair to the federation. and he also has doubt about Doug’s system

 

Final: Vincent Lau says obviously Sum has done something improperly upon this case. BCCSF have to be as 1 unit, we protect ourselves and solve problem internally before release to outside. Philip suggests all BCCSF issue should have to be discussed by Chairman, V-Chairman & Secretary General in the future. Stanley recommends for everything good and bad, the board facing difficulties and solving problem TOGETHER. If our goal is for the BCCSF, everything starts from there.

Sum apologizes to Steven Leung & Daniel Poon what he has done, takes a leave on 8pm and authorized Vincent Lau to vote for him if necessary

 

  1. Winter League Report (Daniel/Stephen)
  • Over 40’s
  • Over 50’s

So far so good. Regarding Raymond’s case, the problem solved. HomePark40’s goalie is good now. All source is depends on Referee’s report which indicates the game is good, nothing BCCSF could do. Also friendly reminder for Raymond’s temper in the game. (Raymond explained the situation and nothing was intentionally). HP injury player’s wife wanted to sue the referee and the team, Somehow, Raymond did it his way to settle it, appreciated.

  • Monday Night Games Possibility (Can’t work on schedule as many players can’t make it on Monday. Action on hold at this moment)
  • Division Expansion Possibility: Over 30’s, Over 55’/58’s – (Survey to all team manager first, see how many players & team could participate)

Vincent asks what’s our mission of the league? Denial says 10 years ago was “Keep relationship”. However, we shall aim for “Glory of Team China” from now on.

Solution:

  • Look for existing 30+ players support?
  • Promotion and recruiting for 30s in website to greater Vancouver area, see how many people interested.

Vincent the mentions there is a big gap between open division and 40+ generation. Raymond could bring in 2 teams from Coquitlam, BCCSF could get 2-4 teams to form 30+ division

Discussion Topic: 30, 35’s division suggested to be next meeting topic

  • Youth camp

Denny points out there are getting less players every year in Youth. The reason is kids nowadays have too many choices for exercise.

Solution:

  1. Combine with Raymond’s youth camp.
  2. 12+ youth student join U12(now U11) league (Already)
  3. BCSA license is a MUST, HAVE TO do it ASAP!
  4. Affiliated with BCSA is a way to back to main stream. However, Fee is an issue, team $50, player $25.

Option: instead of BCSA, Youth can go RYSA Richmond Youth Soccer Association. (Deadline for register is March every year)

Canadian United Nation Children Foundation – Raymond’s connection.

  • 1st condition. total 50+ students
  • 2nd condition, multi-cultural background
  • 3rd, One time sponsorship unless this is a historical event
  • 4th, One to One funding. Have to be equal every dollar sponsor give, same amount of money we have to contribute.

Mid-Dec will be the first meeting. Youth Department have to sit down with Raymond for a plan. (Next meeting topic)

  1. Discipline Committee (Vincent)
  • Proper Process on Handling Complains from Teams
  • Decision Making Process

(Please refers to Agenda topic#1 – Director’s Responsibility and Conduct )

  1. Financial Report (Philip)
  • Current Financial Statement (Current outstanding – Deficit)
  • Thomas will take over as League Treasurer
  • Philip will work with Thomas in the future
  • Hong Kong trip – Deficit in budget – Vincent covered. Appreciated!
  1. Election of New Chairman and Directors (Stanley)

Stanley simplify steps of nomination of director. Re-appoint – Yes/No to existing director, 1 nominate and only need 1 supporter.

  • Total 16 director.
  • Frankie Lam, Thomas Sin, Danny Lam, Sammy Ho, Philip Tong, William Si, Denial Poon, Ignatius Tsui, Karl So, Raymond Zhao, Roger Wong, Stephen Leung, Thomas Si, retain their role of director.
  • Andy Sum Lee nominates himself (Vincent Lau re-elect Andy Sum Lee for him) as director, William Si supports. As a result, Andy Sum Lee retains his director position.
  • King Keung Law will be missed as he will be in Hong Kong for at least 6 months. He will miss at least half of the director formal meeting. He will be dismissed from director. We welcome him back to the board when he is ready.
  • Keep in mind that all director are no entitled duty (2018) at this moment until the meeting of Monday November 27, 2018 (Except Stanley Ngai as Chairman, Philip Tong as Vice-Chairman and Vincent Lau as Secretary General)
  • Director’s term is 2 years. No Limit for the total number of directors.
  • To disqualify a director, the action requires Motion & Second. A director could only be disqualified if a successful vote to be made by equal or over 75% agree.
  • Sam suggests, Jonathan Lee from Soccerholic, as a potential candidate for director in the future.

 

ElectionVincent Lau = Secretary General (15 vote YES)

Philip Tong = Vice-Chairman (15 votes YES)

Stanley Ngai = Chairman (15 votes YES)

Director: Frankie Lam, Thomas Sin, Danny Lam, Sammy Ho, Andy Sum Li, William Si, Denial Poon, Ignatius Tsui, Karl So, Raymond Zhao, Roger Wong, Stephen Leung, Thomas Si

Closure of Meeting

 

Closing Speech by Stanley Ngai. He thanks everyone for the new structure suggestion and a trust to him as chairman once again. Hopefully the board would speed up the processing of development on the new system. Things like Youth, Nations cup shall remain what it was. For the direction of League, we shall improve it to be a better one. There is a need to elect department head and re-structure (Discipline & Referee under League) in next meeting, He wishes everything remain the same and be better every day, every meeting is one step closer to perfect. We shall do our best to let public know our job. Stephen & Denial are the main persons to be contacted when handling league issue.

 

 

Next (Quick) Meeting: (Monday November 27, 2017)

Topic to be discuss:

 

  1. Department head duty assign
  2. BCSA Yes/No? For Youth only? For old timer too?
  3. Financial Report

Next formal meeting

Monday Jan 8, 2018

 

 

 

Director meeting minute – September 11, 2018

BRITISH COLUMBIA CHINESE SOCCER FEDERATION

Location: Soccerlink (Richmond)
Date: Monday May 7, 2018
Time: 19:00pm-21:00pm
Facilitator: Vincent lau

Attendees: Chairman Vincent Lau, Director Frankie Lam, Thomas Sin, Danny Lam, Andy Sum Li, King Keung Law, Philip Tong, William Si, Denial Poon, Karl So.
Absence: Roger Wong, Sammy Ho, Stanley Ngai, and Ignatius Tsui.

Welcome New Director (Raymond Zhao)

  • Welcome New Director Raymond Zhao

Confirm new rules of Director duty (attendance)

  • New law of director attendance: have to attend 4 out of 6 formal director meeting, which been held every 2 month the second Monday.
  • For those director who can’t attend 4 formal director meeting, their director will be automatically switched to “BCCSF honor member” which doesn’t come with the right to vote or make decision on the board.

Next formal director meeting (AGM)
Nov 13, 2017

  • Next director meeting will be held on the second Monday of November 13, 2017. As for Chairman Vincent’s request, this meeting will be an AGM meeting. A new chairman will be elected that day.

Reports

  • Referee

    • Doug is no longer the head referee of RFC. He is still helping BCCSF over 40 & 50 referee scheduling but strictly forbidden him to officiate any of BCCSF games.
    • Vincent will call him
    • BCCSF requests referee to treat our games seriously as Open Division
  • Summer League

    • Open Division
      • So far so good, consider following same format next year
    • Over 40 Division
      • Good on Summer division, Winter division starts this week. Following the format of 2 round with a cup game
    • Over 50 Division
      • Good on Summer division, Winter division starts this week. Following the format of 2 round with a cup game
      • 2 new teams join Winter Season 2017-2018. introducing HighFire FC 50 and NACCCA
    • Discuss to form a Over 30 Division
      • There is a need for providing opportunity to those player age between 30 to 40 year old, this is better to form a division for this age group.
      • Chairman Vincent requests director Raymond to help on bring in Chinese team from other league.
      • Minimum 4 teams to form this division.
    • Schedule change suggest
      • 4 football clubs have sent teams on both over 40 & 50 division. They prefer their over 40 game scheduled on Tuesday.
      • BCCSF try to book field on Monday & Tuesday for Over 40. Thursday & Friday for Over 50.
    • Summer League Award Dinner
      • 22, 2017 at Shun Feng Seafood Restaurant, Richmond
      • Every director donates $20 for lucky draw, Law sir collects and hand to Frankie for gift selection.
    • Youth Program
      • Summer youth camp completed successfully
      • Sept 16, 2017 new 1 year program starts (Sat 4:30-6:30pm at HugeBoyd)
      • U12 joins BCASL league every Sundays Sept – Nov 2017
      • Suggest join youth training with Raymond’s Chinese youth program after Dec 2017. Currently both training schedule over lapped.
    • Website
      • Karl has designed new BCCSF.ca website and now mirroring with another domain, BCCSF.INFO.
      • New website will launch in second week after winter season start
      • An invoice will bill to BCCSF for the hosting & domain renewal
      • Youth program will also have their own page, youth.bccsf.ca
    • 2017 HongKong Soccer Torunament
      • First meeting & practice held on Wednesday Sep 13, 2017 Minoru #2 @ 9pm
      • Thank you SolutionAutoLease & Raymond Zhao sponsor this tournament
      • New jersey will be done by next Wednesday Sep 20, 2017
      • Thanks Raymond sponsors 3 quarter Adidas Sport pant for all player
    • New Chairman Election
      • Chairman Vincent Lau will withdraw his position due to personal reason
      • New AGM meeting held at November 13, 2017. It will be a dinner type, venue to be determined. Referrer Scheduler -> Do we need to find a new one?

Next meeting topic

  • New Chairman Election
  • Announce new duty of director, the attendance
  • Form Division Over 30 ?
  • Combine youth program ?
  • Introduce more director to the board ?

Director meeting minute – March 6, 2017

BRITISH COLUMBIA CHINESE SOCCER FEDERATION

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Location: Soccerlink (Richmond)
Date: Monday, March 6, 2017
Time: 19:00pm-21:00pm
Facilitator: Vincent lau

Attendees: Chairman Vincent Lau, Director Frankie Lam, Thomas Sin, Danny Lam, Sammy Ho, Andy Sum Li, King Keung Law, Karl So
Absence: Philip Tong, Roger Wong Stanley Ngai, William Si and Denial Poon.
Minute by: Karl So

 

Approval of minutes

  • Reject team Viet United joining Summer over 40 league. Vincent has to draft an official email to Team Viet United (Not yet been official announced)

Reports

  • Website
    • Suggest to have discipline record shows on the website. Karl will work on the page
    • Create BCCSF email for every director. Done: please refer to Remark #1.
    • If someone would like to have BCCSF email setup, Karl will help
    • Suggest to have complete record for previous seasons, Karl will work on the page
  • Referrer Scheduler Doug has had 2 weeks missing a referrer to game. Suggest Sum Li to commutate with Doug for better referrer arrangement in the future.
  • Suggest to have a division of age 58+. BCCSF will need further discussion on the possibility
    • Worry not enough players
    • Player who plays in both 50+ & 58+ division cannot make it both in 1 week
  • Open League joins with Richmond Soccer League
    • Aim total 8 teams, 14 games + cup games, details please refer to Sam’s Summer Open 2017 document
    • Need to figure the deadline for team registration, then confirm budget & field booking. Sam will follow this it.
  • Youth Training
    • 4 countries tournament between China, Japan, India & Korea
    • 2 month period, 1 game on every 2 week
    • detail please refer to Danny Lam’s document

Unfinished business

Referrer Scheduler -> Do we need to find a new one?

Motion

  • Change league Scheduler, Sum Li will gather more information before taking action. BCCSF may need a meeting ONLY for this issue.
  • Form a non-profit organization for Youth training. So that it could follow BCSA regulation
    [Motion by Vincent Lau] All Director agree.
Karl So

 

Mar 06, 2017

 

Secretary Date of approval

 

 

Remark#1. Left side is the email, will forward to right side email address

FrankieLam@bccsf.ca Frankie-Lam@shaw.ca
admin@bccsf.ca karlso@gmail.com
danielpoon@bccsf.ca daniel_wkpoon@hotmail.com
dannylam@bccsf.ca cdhdrafting@gmail.com
ignatiustsui@bccsf.ca tsui.ignatius@gmail.com
philip@bccsf.ca ptongck@hotmail.com
sammyho@bccsf.ca samho4916@hotmail.com
stanleyngai@bccsf.ca stanleyngai@cs.com
stephenleung@bccsf.ca chateausl@hotmail.com
thomassin@bccsf.ca Thomas.Sin@shaw.ca
vincentlau@bccsf.ca vincent@solutionautolease.com
wangtchan@bccsf.ca wangt.chan@aicompro.com
williamsi@bccsf.ca magdalenesi@hotmail.com
andysumli@bccsf.ca sum6918@gmail.com
kingkeunglaw@bccsf.ca Tkklkk@yahoo.com.hk

Next meeting: