B.C. CHINESE SOCCER FEDERATION – OLD TIMER Rules & Regulations
Each team and player must be registered with the BC Chinese Soccer Federation
The League appointee shall be the scheduling committee and shall draw up the schedule for all games. All teams are advised to show up on the field at least 30 minutes before games start. The game time will be started to count sharply according the schedule and the game will be canceled if insufficient player on either team after over 15 minutes. The team with insufficient player will lose the game with a result of 0-1(refer to PUNISHMENT 10).
Game will be credited as follows : Win + 3 points, Tie + 1 point, Loss 0 point. In case of ties in the standings, the decision is by the following sequence:
- +/- Goal difference
- Goals for
- Actual outcome of earlier game match-up
- The flip of a coin
In the event of any team resigning from the League in the middle of the season, all the previous record / results will be kept but all the un-played games will be treated as losing 0-1 for the rest of the season. No Refund to any withdrawal teams under any circumstance.
Each team have to submit a team roster in every season of not more than 30 qualified players. All teams are requested to submit two copies of team list to the official referee and the opponent. Failure to submit the team list before start of 2nd half of the game will be called off, and that team will be punished as lost the game (0-1). All player must have Personal physical ID with picture for referee checking if requested. Failure to provide ID, team will be punished as lost the game (0-1).
REGISTRATION & PLAYER TRANSFER
- No deadline of registration.
- Players must be registered before the previous Sunday 12:00 noon time before playing in a League match and cup game.
- A player is only allowed to transfer no more than 2 times a season.
- The last day of transfer shall be before the last game of the mid-season. For example,
if total games are 14 for a season, the last day to submit a transfer email is the day before the 7th game.
- A player must be transferred Seven (7) days before being eligible to play for his new team in any match or cup competition.
- A player must be transferred before submit an email to BCCSF Old Timer committee and both team manager.
- Cross Season Player – For example in 2019 Winter, player born in 1980 or 1970 are allowed to play in the winter for all 35s, 40s or 50s division responsively.
- 2 yellow cards in one game – min. 1 game
- Interference on goal opportunity straight red card – min. 1 game
- Illegal player (not registered, use suspended player, use impostor player) the offense team will lose the game (in win or tie situation), but the opponent team can still use the original game record and which is more advantage to them.
- Straight red card under violence conduct (kicking, punching, tackling with intent to injure, spitting) – min. 3 games suspension.
- Swearing / Coarse Language – min. 2 games suspension.
- Straight red card under technical foul – min. 2 games suspension
- Fighting – min. 5 games suspension.
- Offenses towards game officials:
- Persistent criticism and disputing of referee’s calls – min. 2 games
- Deliberate insulting conduct: Spitting, swearing, physical action without
contact – min. 4 games.
- Physical contact, punching, kicking, an attempt to injure – min. 1 year.
2nd Offense – min. Two years suspension up to Five years.
- Discipline committee will make for the final decision.
- If the red card player is fined from a league game, he will be only penalized for that league game in the same division only except some serious incidents.
- Suspension not completely served in one season automatically carry over to the
following season. Suspension player cannot change team and or cancel his player
status until serving his suspended period. And red card received will carry an
automatically suspension for the next league or Cup game regardless of any appeal.
- Forfeit of the game due to insufficient number of eligible registered players or other
reason, will treated as lose team (0-1). Minimum 7 players are allow to play in the
game and should start on the game at once when minimum 7 players are on the field.
Postpone – please inform our league at least 2 weeks prior to game start but under the
following condition :
a) Agreed by the opponent team.
b) They have to pay the new game field rent provided field is available or will
be treated as lost game (0-1).
- Referee has the right to cancel a game if he cannot start the game in 15 minutes after scheduled game time. The team at fault will be responsible for the expenses (such as
referee fee for both teams) and treated as lose team (0-1). If both teams are at fault,
the above penalty will apply to both teams and no points will be awarded to either
team. No game will be replayed in all cases. Also our referee can call off the game if
the player insists to wear jewelry, bracelet during the game. Of course the team will
lose the game as well.
- Penalty $50.00 for team in each game with in-proper uniforms. Referee have the right to dis-qualify the game if team/teams are not in-proper uniforms
- Penalty $50.00 for each player to received Red Card in the game, including 2 yellow=1 Red Card
All appeals must be filed with the Old Timer in-charge committee within 48 hours of being informed of action(s) All appeal has to be in writing and submitted through e-mail. And all the appeal case will be redirected to our Discipline Committee with non-refundable fee CAD100. The player and one of the team member will be allowed to attend the appeal case if needed. No game is allowed for the appealed player during appeal period.
It is the responsibility of all teams to ensure that players are properly dressed and equipped for each match. With the exception of the goalkeeper, all players must wear the same color of shirts. Shin guards are mandatory for all players and are to be completely covered by the stockings at all times. Uniform shirts must be numbered on the back (min. 8 inches) . Duplicate numbers are not allowed. Players are not allowed to share one shirt. Away team will lose the game as 0-1 if same color of jersey occurred on that game and also the lost side will pay the referee fee for both teams(CAD80). When colors are conflict, the away team must change or wear different color of jersey. Or please contact the opponent team to avoid same jersey color in advance. Wearing jewelry, bracelet, earrings & glasses are dangerous and is absolutely not allowed.
IMPORTANT: Penalty $50.00 for team in each game with in-proper uniforms. Referee have the right to dis-qualify the game if team/teams are not in-proper uniforms
- Check the field status after 2pm in the same day by visiting www.bccsf.info or contact Frankie Lam at 604-377-6337 or https://www.richmond.ca/parks/parks/about/amenities/Report.aspx?Type=SportField&ClosedOnly=False for field update information.
- Provide Linemen in every game.
- Provide two copies of team list.
- Home team provide one official FIFA game ball & a spare ball.
- Away team prepare different color of jersey or a set of bibs to avoid color- conflict.
- Referee Fee before the game start.
- Zero tolerate for any players drinking alcohol, smoking, spitting on the field or inside parks area.
- Remove garbage after the game.
- Make sure players not to entering the field before the game start
- Home team are always show on the left side in our schedule.
MATCH OFFICIAL FEES
Match officials must be paid in cash only before the game. Should a team fail to pay the referee, the League will pay the game fee and bill the team(s) $40.00 in addition to the regular game fee ($40.00). It is agreed between BCCSF and team managers that assistant referees will be provided, but not guaranteed for any particular game. Such request, at the teams’ own expenses, has to be submitted for approval 2 weeks prior to the game date.
From time to time, the League executive must deal with teams contravenes the rules and regulations of BC Chinese Soccer League. Teams may be suspended or have points deducted from their current league total or, as a final sanction, be removed from the league. In all cases, team management may be called to appear before the executive. The executive will determine what, if any, action to be taken including the length of suspension to be posted.
Players or Team Officials reported for foul or abusive language directed at a game official before, during or after a match (red card offense) will be minimum 4 games suspension in addition to any penalties incurred for other yellow or red card infractions received. AND/OR
A suspended player or team officials who attends his/any game as a spectator, and is reported for misconduct by the referee will receive an additional 8 games suspension. Further, the player’s team may be subject to disciplinary action should the team fail to control the player. Suspended player should not be involved in the game, including the position of coach or team official or etc.
IF A GAME IS ABANDONED
If 70 minutes of any game is completed, and for any reason the game cannot be finished, then the result will stand unless the team that is leaking is found to be solely responsible for the abandonment. In this case, the League Executive reserves the right to award no points to either team.
If a game is abandoned prior to 70 minutes, then the game will only be replayed if necessary to decide promotion or relegation.
If any substitutes or spectators enter the field of play to become involved, then the instigating team will receive a fined CAD100.00. Registered team players entering from the sidelines could be suspended for 10 games. The player(s) that were the main instigators of the event will be suspended for a minimum of 5 games.
THE LEAGUE EXECUTIVE OR DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE RESERVE THE RIGHTS TO CHANGE OR AMEND THE RULES AND REGULATIONS